Recruitment of Director AAU 2017
Assam Agricultural University is the first institution of its kind in the whole of North-Eastern Region of India. The main goal of this institution is to produce globally competitive human resources in farm sector and to carry out research in both conventional and frontier areas for production optimization as well as to disseminate the generated technologies as public good for benefiting the food growers/ producers and traders involved in the sector while emphasizing on sustainability, equity and overall food security at household level.
- Educational requirements: 1. Passed Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture/Horticulture/Forestry/Agricultural Biotechnology/Agricultural Engineering/Sericulture. 2. Secured 55% marks or minimum Overall Grade Point Average (OGPA) of 3.00 in 4 point scale or 7.00 in 10 point scale at the Master’s degree level in disciplines of Agriculture/Horticulture/ Forestry/Agricultural Biotechnology /Agricultural Engineering/Sericulture from an Indian University or a foreign University. 3. Ph.D. degree in any field of the concerned discipline. 4. A minimum of 15 (fifteen) years of service experience (excluding the period spent in obtaining Ph.D. degree) in teaching/research/extension/administration, out of which a minimum of 5 (five) years as Professor or equivalent in a University or research/extension institutions. 5. The candidate must have published at least 10 (ten) publications (research paper, book, chapter of book, review paper, monograph). 6. A minimum score (44 out of 80) as stipulated in the ‘Academic Performance Indicator’ (API) based ‘Performance Based Appraisal System’ (PBAS), prescribed for Direct Recruitment in AAU (Score Card Code no. DD-1) to be called for interview.
- Desirable qualifications: 1. Evidence of convergence module development for resource pulling and technology adoption. 2. Evidence of product, process, policy development in the field. 3. Professional excellence as evidenced by invitation from other University/scientific body/state/regional/national planners. 4. Significant impact made either through student’s performance or through technology output. 5. Involvement in institution building activities. 6. Administrative contribution in terms of new methodologies introduced. 7. Administrative experience of at least 3 (three) years.
- No of vacancies: 01
- Age limit: below 60 years
- Address: AAU, Jorhat, Assam 785013
- Pay scale: Pay scale of Rs. 37,400-67,000/- and Academic Grade Pay of Rs. 10,000/-
- Last date: 26/12/2017
- How to apply: The applications completed in all respects along with necessary enclosures in support of academic qualification, professional experience etc. should reach the office of the Registrar, Assam Agricultural University, Jorhat on or before December 26, 2017
- Website Address:http://www.aau.ac.in/
- Contact Us: Near Police Reserve, Jorhat, Assam 785013