Recruitment of Procurement Manager ICGEB 2017
The International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology – was promoted by the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) as a centre of excellence for research and training in genetic engineering and biotechnology for the benefit of developing countries. The Centre, currently under the direction of Mauro Giacca, has three Components: Trieste, Italy, New Delhi, India and Cape Town, South Africa and comprises a network of 40 Affiliated Centres (national laboratories located in developing countries).
Created and developed as a special UNIDO programme under the direction of Arturo Falaschi, on February 3 1994 the International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology acquired the status of Autonomous International Organisation, although it remains within the United Nations system.
- Educational requirements: Candidates should be graduates with a minimum of 7 years of demonstrated performance and must have advanced working knowledge of MS Excel. The incumbent should also have excellent verbal and written communications skills in English and Hindi. Previous experience in an International Organisation is an asset. Working knowledge in SAP is highly desirable and will be an added advantage.
- Job responsibilities:1. Planning, coordinating and implementing all functions relating to procurement requests, soliciting local and international quotations; 2. Developing and maintaining a roster of local and international vendors; 3. Undertaking all functions relating to the import of foreign equipment and supplies, and managing related functions with Customs agents and Indian government agencies; 4. Researching products, equipment and supplies markets; 5. Inventory management and stocktaking procedures; 6. Managing/supervising a small team of procurement staff; 7. Acting as focal point for the Component’s equipment and supplies committees
- Last date: 25/12/2017
- How to apply: Applicants should submit their full CV by completing the ICGEB’s Personal History Form available online at: http://www.icgeb.org/vacancies.html Applications should be addressed to Personnel Unit, ICGEB, New Delhi, India E-mail: email@example.com, quoting reference ND/PROC/05-17 “Procurement Manager” no later than 25th December 2017.
- Website Address: http://www.icgeb.org/home.html
- Contact Us: ICGEB Campus, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg 110 067 New Delhi INDIA
- Fax: +91-11-26742316