Recruitment of Research Trainee IIAP 2017
The IIAP is a premier institute devoted to research in astronomy, astrophysics and related physics. It traces its origins back to an observatory set up in 1786 at Madras which from the year 1792 began to formally function at its Nungambakkam premises as the Madras Observatory. In 1899, the observatory moved to Kodaikanal. In the year 1971, the Kodaikanal Observatory became an autonomous society, the Indian Institute ofAstrophysics. The headquarters were shifted to Bangalore into its present campus in Koramangala in 1975. Today, funded by the Department of Science and Technology, the Institute ranks as a premier institution devoted to research and education of astronomy and physics in the country. The main observing facilities of the Institute are located aKodaikanal, Kavalur, Gauribidanur and Hanle.
- Educational Requirements: M.Sc in Physics / Astrophysics with a recommended minimum of 55% marks from a recognized University/Institution. Candidates should have good knowledge of Python programming language, knowledge and/or experience in handling data from astronomical instruments.
- No of vacancies: 01
- Age limit: 26 years.
- Address: 2 nd Block, Koramangala, Sarjapur Road, Bangalore, Karnataka 560034
- Pay scale: Rs. 20,000/- per month (inclusive of all)
- How to apply: Candidates attending the walk-in interview should come with duly filled in prescribed application attached with this advertisement with a passport size photograph pasted on the top of the application along with original certificates related to their qualification and experience and also one set of self certified xerox copies. The candidates should register their name between 09.00 AM and 10.00 AM on the date of Walk-ininterview and the candidates coming beyond this time will not entertained.
- Detail of job interview: 28th December, 2017 between 09.00 AM and 05.00 PM
- Venue of interview: At the Institute Campus, 2nd Block, Koramangala, Bangalore
- Website Address:http://www.iiap.res.in/
- Contact Us: INDIAN INSTITUTE OF ASTROPHYSICS (An Autonomous Institution under Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India) 2ND BLOCK, KORAMANGALA, SARJAPUR ROAD, BENGALURU – 560034
- Ph.No.25530672-676 –
- FAX No.25534043