Recruitment of Research Associate IJIRA 2017
Indian Jute Industries’ Research Association (IJIRA) was conceived on the 10th September 1937 when a small co-operative research department was established at Indian Jute Mills Association (IJMA) at 16 Old Court House Street, Calcutta. Dr. W G Macmillan, Ph. D. (Cantab.), B.Sc., Ph. D. (Aberd.), F.R.I.C., F.T.I. was at the helm as the Chief Chemist along with four other staff. The research department, as it grew in size, was baptized as Indian Jute Mills Association Research Institute in September 1943 – IJMARI in short.
IJMARI soon became tall in stature and too large in size to be accommodated within the precinct of the Old Court House Street complex, search for an alternative suitable site was set in motion. Finally the present location at 17, Taratola Road was selected and the land was leased on long term basis from the Commissioners for the Port of Calcutta in 1947. The foundation stone was laid on 7th April, 1948 by Mr. J R Walker, the then Chairman of the Executive Committee of IJMARI for a new building of the Association.
- Educational requirements: M. Sc / Ph. D in Organic Chemistry.
- Experience requirements: At least 1 Year working experience in relevant field.
- No of vacancies: 01
- Address: 17, Taratala Road, Kolkata , West Bengal 700 088
- Pay scale: 30,000 (Consolidated)
- Last date: 11/28/2017
- How to apply: Deserving candidates should send their applications in a sealed envelope to the address: To Director Indian Jute Industries’ Research Association 17, Taratala Road, Kolkata 700 088 clearly mentioning the post.
- Website Address: http://ijiradb.org/
- Contact Us: Indian Jute Industries’ Research Association 17, Taratala Road, Kolkata – 700088, W.B., India
- Phone: 91 33 6626 9200 | 9229 | 9241
- Fax: 91 33 6626 9204 | 9227
- E-mail: email@example.com