Recruitment of Junior Research Fellowship IUCAA 2017
The Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics is an autonomous institution set up by the University Grants Commission (UGC) of India to promote the nucleation and growth of active groups in astronomy and astrophysics at Indian universities. Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics aims to be a centre of excellence within the university sector for teaching, research and development in astronomy and astrophysics.
- Eligibility criteria: The candidate has to be an Indian nationality with an MSc degree in Physics/astronomy with NET qualification. Preference will be given to one having experience in observational astronomy, data analysis, and/or in one or more of the programming languages e.g., Fortran, C++, Python, IDL.
- No of vacancies: 01
- Address: Pune University Campus, Ganeshkhind, Pune, Maharashtra 411007
- Pay scale: Fellowship shall be Rs. 25000 per month for the first two years and Rs. 28000 per month in the third year. The successful candidate will be provided with on-campus accommodation subject to availability and medical benefits as per IUCAA norms. In addition, the candidate will have the opportunity to visit Observatoire de Paris, France for the purpose of project collaboration.
- Last date: 31/12/2017
- How to apply: Interested candidates should submit (i) statement of research interests and/or research proposal, (ii) Publication list and (iii) CV by email to Mr. Santosh Khadilkar at email@example.com. In email applications, please mention in the subject line ‘Application for a Cefipra Postdoctoral Fellowship’. The applicants should also arrange for at least two letters of recommendation to be sent directly to the same email address before the application deadline. Any academic queries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Website Address:http://www.iucaa.ernet.in/
- Contact Us: Pune University Campus, Ganeshkhind, Pune, Maharashtra 411007