Recruitment of Scientific & Technical Officer – ‘D’ IUCAA 2017
The Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics is an autonomous institution set up by the University Grants Commission (UGC) of India to promote the nucleation and growth of active groups in astronomy and astrophysics at Indian universities. Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics aims to be a centre of excellence within the university sector for teaching, research and development in astronomy and astrophysics.
- Educational requirements: At least B.E./M.Sc./MCA/ or equivalent degree in Physics / Computer Science or a related field with 6 years’ experience or M.E. with 4 years’ experience Or Ph.D. with 2 years’ experience in high level Research/ Development activity of relevance to IUCAA. At least two years’ experience in system administration in linux/unix environment, including HPC cluster system. Familiarity with HPC hardware and Data Centre infrastructure as well as fluency in using unix scripting language is essential. Managing and configuring network hardware and service protocols in a LAN environment is desirable.
- Job responsibilities: Managing and planning computing infrastructures (high performance/throughput computing facilities and several auxiliary services) for gravitational wave science at IUCAA and for LIGOIndia. Also provide support for 24×7 uptime and technical assistance to the users.
- No of vacancies: 01
- Age limit: 40 years (Relaxation for SC/ST/OBC & PH as per Govt. Of India norms)
- Address: Pune University Campus, Ganeshkhind, Pune, Maharashtra 411007
- Pay Scale: PB-3 – Rs. 15600-39100 + Grade Pay of Rs. 6600/-
- Last date: 15/12/2017
- Website Address:http://www.iucaa.ernet.in/
- Contact Us: Pune University Campus, Ganeshkhind, Pune, Maharashtra 411007