Recruitment of Deputy Registrar JNU 2018
Young at forty-two years, as universities go, what has lent strength and energy to Jawaharlal Nehru University is the vision that ideas are a field for adventure, experimentation and unceasing quest and diversity of opinions its chief premise. In the early 1970s, when JNU opened its doors to teachers and students, frontier disciplines and new perspectives on old disciplines were brought to the Indian university system. The excellent teacher-student ratio at 1:10, a mode of instruction which encouraged students to explore their own creativity instead of reproducing received knowledge, and an exclusively internal evaluation were a new experiment on the Indian academic landscape; these have stood the test of time. The very Nehruvian objectives embedded in the founding of the University, national integration, social justice, secularism, the democratic way of life, international understanding and scientific approach to the problems of society had built into it constant and energetic endeavour to renew knowledge through self-questioning.
- Educational requirements: 1. A Master’s degree with at least 55% of the marks or its equivalent grade of B in the UGC 7 point scale. 2. Holding the analogous post on regular basis under Central Government or State Government or Union Territories or Universities or Higher Educational Institutes/Research Institutes /Autonomous Body of Central Govt./State Govt. Or Nine years of experience as Assistant Professor in the AGP of Rs.6000 and above with experience in educational administration in above mentioned organizations. Or Comparable experience in research establishment and/or other institutions of higher education, Or Five years experience as Assistant Registrar in the Grade Pay of Rs. 5400/-or in an equivalent post. 3. 5% relaxation in percentage of marks at Master’s level from 55% to 50% will be extended to SC/ST/PH categories and to the existing incumbents who are already in the University system as provided under UGC guidelines issued from time to time
- Desirable qualifications: 1. At least 05 years experience in the area of Administration/Finance/Examination/Admission/General Administration/Store & Purchase in the University system/Higher Educational/Research Institutes of National Importance. 2. Possessing degree in Law i.e. LLB or LLM from a recognized University or equivalent and having 03 years working experience in the University system/Higher Educational/Research Institutes of National Importance.
- Address: New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi, Delhi 110067
- Pay scale: Pay Band-3 (Rs.15600 – 39,100) Plus Grade Pay Rs.7600/-
- Last date: 08/01/2018
- How to apply: The eligible and interested persons are required to apply in the format available in the University website www.jnu.ac.in and may forward application along with requisite documents, so as to reach to the Office of the Joint Registrar (Administration/R&D Cell), Room No. 310, Administrative Block, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi- 110067 latest by 8th January, 2018 (upto 5:30pm).
- Website Address:http://www.jnu.ac.in/
- Postal Address:New Mehrauli Road, Near Munirka, New Delhi, Delhi 110067
- Tel:+91-11-26742676, 26742575, 26741557