Recruitment of Guest Lecturer(Law) NEHU 2018
North Eastern Hill University (NEHU) is a Central University established on 19 July 1973 by an Act of the Indian Parliament. The university is in the suburb of Shillong, the state capital of Meghalaya, India. The university has two campuses: Shillong and Tura inMeghalaya. NEHU Tura Campus functions under a pro-vice chancellor. It is the University Grants Commission’s University with Potential for Excellence (conferred in 2006). It was established as a regional university for the states of northeast India, including Meghalaya, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh and Mizoram, and had given birth toNagaland University in 1994 and Mizoram University in 2001. The university at the national level ranks at 16 according to the India Today AC-Nielsen Best Universities Survey of 2012, and at 11 at the TOP Central Universities.
- Educational requirements: i. LL.M with atleast 55% (for General candidates) and 50% (for SC/ST candidates) (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree level from an Indian University or an equivalent Degree from an accredited Foreign University. ii. Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the Candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET. iii. Candidates, who are, or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grant Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 shall be exempted from the requirement of minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment. OR i. A retired Judge or Advocate with professional experience for a minimum period of 10 years.
- Desirable qualifications: Experience in Teaching.
- No of vacancies: 03
- Address: Head, Department of Law, NEHU, Shillong, Meghalaya 793022
- Pay scale: The remuneration would be @ Rs. 1000/- per lecture subject to a maximum of Rs. 25,000/- per month
- Last date: 11/02/2018
- How to apply: 2. The application should reach the office of the undersigned latest by 11th February, 2018. Soft copy of the application may be sent through e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org. 3. The date of interview for the said post will be announced on the NEHU website/telephonically. 4. The candidates appearing at the interview will not be entitled to any TA/DA. 5. Candidates are requested to bring their original documents at the time of interview. 6. The University reserves the right to appoint any or none of the candidates interviewed for the post. (Dr. J.J. Mozika) Head, Department of Law, NEHU, Shillong-793022
- Website Address:http://www.nehu.ac.in/
- Postal Address:Umshing Mawkynroh, Shillong, Meghalaya 793022
- Tel:(0364) 2721001/2550101
- Fax:(0364) 2550076