Recruitment of Research Fellow PAU 2017
The Punjab Agricultural University was established in 1962 to serve the state of erstwhile Punjab. It was inaugurated by Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru, Prime Minister of India on July 8, 1963. On trifurcation of Punjab in November 1966, Haryana Agricultural University was carved out of PAU by an Act of Parliament in February 1970. Later, in July 1970, Himachal Pradesh Krishi Vishvavidalya was established. In 2006 the College of Veterinary Science was upgraded to become Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Science University (GADVASU) at Ludhiana. The Punjab Agricultural University (PAU) is located in Ludhiana city (Punjab State) in north-west India at a distance of 316 km from New Delhi. It is well connected by road and rail with the national capital. Situated on the Ludhiana – Ferozepur Road, the University covers an area of 1510 acres on its main campus and 4615 acres at the regional research stations. Modeled on the pattern of land grant colleges in U.S.A., the PAU performs the integrated functions of teaching, research and extension in agriculture, agricultural engineering, home science and allied disciplines. The University have well equipped laboratories, library and lecture rooms and elaborate farm facilities. Hostel accommodation is available in the university hostels for single students. Married students, if accompanied by their family members, will have to find accommodation outside the campus.
- Educational requirements: 1. B.Sc. /B.Sc. Agriculture with minimum OGPA of 2.00/4.00 basis or OCPA 5.00/10.00 or 50% marks 2. M.Sc. in Plant Pathology/ Nematology/ Microbiology with minimum OGPA 3.40/4.00 or OCPA 6.50/10.00 or 65% marks.
- Desirable qualifications: Experience on working with DNA based molecular techniques
- No of vacancies: 01
- Address: PAU, Ludhiana, Punjab 141004
- Pay scale: @ Rs.25,000/- p.m.(fixed) + HRA
- Last date: 12/05/2017
- How to apply: The applications should reach in the office of Head, Deptt. of Plant Pathology, PAU, Ludhiana on any working day from 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. by 05.12.2017. The incomplete applications will not be entertained. The candidates should appear for the interview on 06.12.2017 at 11.00 am in the office of the Head, Department of Plant Pathology, PAU, Ludhiana. The candidate should bring original certificates at the time of interview. No separate intimation for interview will be sent. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
- Detail of job interview: 06.12.2017 at 11.00 am
- Venue of interview: Office of the Head, Department of Plant Pathology, PAU, Ludhiana
- Website Address:http://web.pau.edu/
- ContactUs: Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana-141004, Punjab, INDIA
- Fax. 91-161- 2400945
- Email:– email@example.com