Recruitment of Junior Research Fellow Pondicherry University 2017
Pondicherry University is a central university in Puducherry, India. Founded in 1985 by the Government of India, the University is a collegiate university with a jurisdiction spread over the Union Territories of Puducherry, Lakshadweep and Andaman and the Nicobar Islands. It has 35,000 students in its 87 affiliated colleges including 27,000 students in the distance education mode. The current strength of students studying on-campus stands at 6,500. It has introduced innovations like the Choice-based Credit System and on-line admission for postgraduate studies. Pondicherry University is ranked as one of the top ten Universities in India based on the survey conducted on 2013. Teaching and research are its primary functions as in other Central Universities. It has affiliated colleges located in Puducherry, Karaikal, Mahé, Yanam and the Union Territory of Andaman & Nicobar Islands. The Pondicherry University Act, 1985, under the central government…. Pondicherry University reached the pinnacle of its growth during the XI plan when Prof J A K Tareen was the Vice Chancellor. It became India’s fastest growing central university with 300% all around growth in Students, Faculty, Infrastructure, Teaching programs, Research projects, and students seeking admissions. The Faculty is from 22 states and students from 30 states and union territories. Some of the Socially relevant achievements of XI plan are rent free hostels to girls, Free education and free hostels to all physically challenged, free transport to students,100% disabled friendly buildings and a special library for visually challenged. In 2012 Prof Tareen received from the president of India, the best Institution award for PU.
- Educational Requirements: M.Sc Physics/Chemistry/Material Science/Nanoscience and Technology with CSIR-NET qualification
- Desirable Qualifications: Research experience on the synthesis of nanostructured materials and fabrication of solar cells.
- Experience Requirements: 2 years of research experience (OR) M.Tech in Nanoscience and Technology/Material Science with 60% marks or equivalent CGPA
- No of vacancies: 01
- Age limit: 28 years
Address: Nanoscience and Technology Pondicherry University, R.V. Nagar, Kalapet, Puducherry, 605 014
Pay Scale: As per CSIR norms
- Last date: 07/20/2017
- How to apply: Interested candidates may send their detailed bio-data, E-mail ID, mobile number, supported by duly attested copies of certificates and a self-addressed Rs. 5/ stamped envelope may be forwarded to the following address. The shortlisted called for an interview at the Centre for Nanoscience and Technology, Pondicherry University
- Website Address:http://www.pondiuni.edu.in
- Postal Address: Kalapet, Puducherry, 605014
- Tel: 0413 – 2655179
- Fax: 0413 – 2655734